Thursday, March 23, 2006

A few links

This is the scariest picture I've ever seen in my life, I mean honestly what has happened to Sharon Stone, and why all the hair. I saw her on Parkinson the other week and not only was she completely dull but she kept interrupting the very witty Stephen Fry with some inane stories and observations. I loved that after a while Fry just started speaking over her like she wasn't even sitting next to him. Well done.

Some great dvds have hit the shops, and I can imagine just buying them and not leaving my flat for a month. This Life is absolutely one of my favorite shows of all time, and I credit it for making me fascinated with British culture. I remember staying up late at night (it came on at like midnight in Toronto) just to watch it. I am really glad its finally getting the dvd release it deserves. Also, there is a great dvd boxset of five Pedro Almovodar films and a box set of Krzysztof Kieslowski's Three Colours trilogy.

Finally a very interesting article in discodamaged about some gay clubs starting to employ 'gay only' or 'gay majority' policies at the door. I can totally understand that this is discriminatory, and its why I sometimes prefer going to men-only clubs because you just wanna be around other guys and not have some well-meaning straight girl hanging about. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger RC said...

yikes...that can't really be sharon stone...maybe her mom or some horribly evil lady...

also...the colors trilogy is good, but really I only like "Red" although Binoche is good in Blue.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Ramification said...

rc, i like all 3 films in the trilogy, but Red is also my favourite ... and I think White didnt work as well because of its comedic tones that just didn't gel yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home