Monday, March 07, 2005

Tears

I saw the most extraordinary thing on the train home last night. This young guy, early 20s, gay (I recognized his face from a few places) was sitting looking around at everyone around him and he seemed incredibly lonely. And then he started crying (I am sure he was high on something), it was a Sunday night and he was going home alone, and I think I know why he was crying. I was standing when I saw this and then sat down after someone got up, only to see that the girl sitting across from him, a complete stranger to him, was also crying. They looked at each other, didn't say anything, but shared their pain together. When he got up to leave he gave her a smile, and gave me one as well and left. Its something I won't ever forget seeing.

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont cry, lol. i saw a lady cry on the tube once, i didnt really know what to do, i kinda felt like writing a message to her "no man is worth your tears!" or something like that - but i didnt bother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home