Thursday, May 11, 2006

Things That I Am Reading

Ok, I have been a bad blogger lately, but sometimes you go through a week where you are not creatively inspired. I have also been reading a lot lately, more than usual.











Affinity by Sarah Waters
I mentioned before that I'm reading this for my Tales Of London course and I think thats the reason I am not enjoying this book so far. It feels like homework and I've never been good with homework, but it will get better shortly I hope, I just haven't gotten properly into this book yet.










London: A Biography by Peter Ackroyd
I am reading this as part of my course as well but its not required material, and therefore I am enjoying it much more. Ackroyd treats the city as a living being and its an extremely interesting read. The book is so long I think it will take me over 6 months to finish reading it.












The Guerilla Guide to the Music Business
I might be getting involved in helping with a record label this summer as a part-time interest and I wanted to aquaint myself with the terminology and business aspects involved. The writers have broken sections down in a very easy to digest manner, and the book is full of interviews with people from the music industry that offer practical advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home