Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Joy of Cooking


I have been living off ready-meals for far too long now. Not to mention fast food junk and Tesco-sandwiches, and so I've made a conscious decision to actually start cooking things from scratch. I haven;t done too badly, on Thursday night I baked some trout with olive oil, lemon, dill and garlic with some fried okra on the side. Today I made a nice pasta bolegnese with mince beef that I bought from (wait for it) the butchers, and the bolognese sauce made from scratch (it could have used a few more tomatoes or tomato sauce but it tasted nice). This may sound like run of the mill stuff for some people reading this, but believe it or not today was the first time I bought meat from a butcher, and I bought the vegetables from a market stall and not from Tescos (again another first). I also went to the pound store and bought some new pots and pans (but they didn't cost a pound!). If anyone has a good recipe they want to share or if you know of any good websites for food please leave me a comment.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Yummy! Looks good.
My favorite recipe sites are:
- www.epicurious.com (most recipes are from Gourmet Magazine)
- www.allrecipes.com (especially good for desserts/baking recipes)

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Ramification said...

I need to clarify that that is a photo i picked off the web and isn't a picture of the pasta dish I made, just a reasonable replica ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home