Thursday, April 20, 2006

#1 - Brokeback Mountain

















No prizes for guessing this to be the film to top the list, there has been so much written about this film that I don't think I can do it any justice by reviewing it. I love the way Ang Lee gives the story room to breath and lets it play out. I love the sense of specific time and place that this film invokes and yet themes and conflicts addressed are universal. I love the great acting in this film from everyone involved, especially Heath Ledger. I love that it became a pop culture moment. I think we will look back on it in 30-40 years time as a true landmark film.

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Lovin' the site!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Ramification said...

Thanks, checking yours out as we speak

 

Post a Comment

<< Home