Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Unlucky Parade

Ok, I haven't really complained about my crappy love life or being single in about 3 months so I think I am due a good old fashioned winging session. This is the deal people, I'll complain about it 4 times a year, get it out of my system and we will resume our regulary scheduled programming. My confidence has reached a new low when trying to meet guys, and I think this is because of a chain of events that have made me question my approach. Please don't tell me to get over it, I need to write this in order for me to get over it (see how that works!).

I've decided to make a list of all the guys I've involved myself with since the new year, brace yourselves this isn't going to be pretty.

- New Years' Day Guy: Nice, funny, smart, good job, we had that one great weekend on New Years' Day and then, boom, nothing. No calls, no texts, just stopped communicating. Oh well, it was a nice weekend.

- The Mistake : Ok, so I've posted about this as well, basically this is the one person that I've met recently that really made me feel wanted, but of course he was starting to date a friend of mine and I almost got in the way of that. I am truly glad that I didn't ruin the relationship for my friend who is still seeing this guy despite what happened and so I am not feeling as guilty as I could have felt. Still, I think this was the point where I started losing my mojo, because I felt like whats the point, even the ones I really like who like me back are never available, and I've been at this for years now and its always been the same. There comes a point where you just have to resign yourself to that.


- thief guy: ok, I've done a couple of posts on this, so no need to recap. Check the link and the link. Thanks. Needless to say this was the final nail in the coffin in terms of destroying my confidence.

- Mr. Nice Guy: Its really pathetic, I moan all the time about nice guys finishing last, but at the end of the day I am just as guilty of doing it to other people. Mr Nice Guy is an acquaintance I've known for about a year, he's made it very clear that he has a crush on me for some time. There is nothing wrong with him, he is smart and attractive, but I just can't bring myself to be with him. We ended up going home one drunken evening and it just felt like, I don't know, it just wasn't working, I think he likes me too much and I can't handle it. Of course, he did say he will call me after that and never did and then accused me of not calling him the next time I saw him out. So passive aggressive isn't really my cup of tea, and that's that.

- Endless Marvellous Guys: This has been a pattern lately so I might as well just lump all these guys into one composite person. Ok, ready ? MG's are guys that I meet at (you guessed it) Marvellous on Sunday nights, and they all have the same criteria: they are fairly cute, they are very pissed, they come on to me (sometimes for genuine reasons, other times just because they think they can score drugs off me which I don't have!) and they always chose to go home with someone else. The MGs really bug me, maybe because its the end of the weekend and I reek more of desperation with each passing week but its getting ridiculous. I don't expect to meet someone every weekend but when someone I fancy starts flirting with me I return it. When they do it but then they go and flirt with someone else and go home with that person on a consistent basis (this has happened to me at least 5 times in the past 2 months), well I can't help but feel a little rejected.

Ok, that's the end of my rant, I do feel a lot better. Phew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home