Wednesday, December 28, 2005

How Do You Know

How do you know when you've met the right person for you. Is it a look, something in their eye that tells you that they, you know, 'get you'. Is it an instant familiarity, like you've come across someone that you could have known all your life. Maybe its a common sense of humour, or a shared social class. Or is it just random, you meet, you have good sex, you have a few things in common and both of you are just ready for a relationship at the time, and before you know it you end up buying matching his and his towels on your first anniversary because neither of you wants to be alone.

I don't know, but I find it really difficult to judge how people hook up and make it last longer than a couple of weeks, maybe because I haven't been able to make it last with anyone past the second date in I don't know how long. There is always an excuse, he doesn't get my jokes, or he's not serious enough. He makes more money than me or he cannot keep up with my lifestyle. He's too tall or too short. He drinks too much or he doesn't like to go out enough. He acts too camp, or acts too macho. I can go on, but I am starting to think that maybe I'm the one who is putting excuses in front of me and not going for it. Maybe I am the problem, looking for things to pre-empt anything that can become serious. Or maybe I just haven't met the right person yet. Who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home