Sunday, December 18, 2005

Panic Flightroom ?!

I went to a matinee of the Jodie Foster film Flightplan yesterday, a thriller about a mother who 'loses' her daughter mid-flight. You know, this film could have been very thrilling and enjoyable, had it not been for the fact that I knew pretty much every single plot twist in the film's first 90 minutes thanks to the films adverts. I don't understand why film studios feel the need to give away the entire story during the trailer, how much more business would they have got had they just ended the trailer with Jodie not finding her daughter on the plane and letting us use our imagination as to what is going to happen in the film. Still the film did have some strong performances, although I would advise Jodie Foster to now stop doing thrillers where she plays a strong single mother protecting her daughter from harm, she it too good an actress to get typecast like this. Peter Sarsgaard was also great in this film and he was also wonderful in Jarhead which I also saw this week. I am loving Peter Sarsgaard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home