Monday, December 05, 2005

You Better Work ....

Ok, so like I mentioned in yesterdays post I went to the Vogue Ball last night at Horsemeat Disco, a truly fantastic night. I was moaning to my friend Lee that I was too busy during the week to come up with a good outfit for the occasion, so bless him he whipped me up a plaid skirt (sort of like a kilt) to wear. I wore it with a black tank top, black boots, a necktie and a leather arm-band. I also got my friend Nick to apply a bit of eyeliner for me. I must admit, I was working it, it was so much fun having make-up on (first time for me, but I am sure not the last) and skirts are so freeing, I don't know why men have to wear constrictive trousers.

The night itself was appropriately chaotic, they had a stage in the middle of the dancefloor and a 'dressing area' in the garden out back. There was qeues to get in and for the coat-check, it was mad but everyone was having such a good time that it didn't seem to matter. DJ Luke Howard emceed, dressed in something right out of Sunset Boulevard, and every time a contestant came up to strut their stuff the crowd would cheer them on or turn on them, for no other reason than they didn't work it properly. It was like something out of Paris Is Burning , which was the intention. A definite 2005 highlight.

1 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photos from Horse Meat Disco's Vogue Ball... http://scene-out.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=767 and scene roundup... http://scene-out.com/html/mb051209.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home