Monday, November 28, 2005

Turn Me Upside Down

I am back from Brussels, and although I planned on a day off and a really long entry in here, circumstances beyond my control mean that the long entry will have to wait (I am sure I will write an entry about that too). Its been a truly busy few days for me, with my emotions running the gamut, from disappointment and extreme sadness to pure joy and passion, eventually leading to inspiration. I now know what I want out of life, it is so crystal clear to me that I am amazed it has taken this long to get here. I just hope that I can remember this feeling, that it stays with me and not get lost with the madness of London, with reality setting in again. I need to stay focused.

I had a dream on Saturday night, it was me running towards something, not away, which is appropriate. I also had a dream that I was Erin Brokovich, so maybe I shouldn't read too much into my dreams.

I am both exhilarated and exhausted at the moment. I made a new friend, a true friend during this time, someone who I will care about for a long time to come.

Ok, so that this post isn't so dramatic, I have made two observations while in Belgium :

1. Leffe beer kicks some serious ass (I love it when I get really drunk but manage to wake up with no hang-over the next day).

and

2. Belgian homos have got one uniform for going out, long leather jacket, black tshirt (or black turtleneck), jeans, and black boots. Its like they are all in the Matrix, although I suspect few of them care what colour pill they take, just as long as it makes them dance for hours and hours. Honestly boys, you're cute, you're nice, but we need to talk!

5 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Bourgeois Wife said...

So what is it you want out of life?

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Ramification said...

Well my dear, I was inspired by someone. I want to be passionate about my work, do work that affects others and actually means something to someone else, have a loving boyfriend, loyal friends, and a cozy home. This may seem like everyones ideal, but I've spent the past 18 months more or less in clubs, taking narcotics and dancing, working at a job that I don't love. Basically stagnating and running away from my family and their constraints.

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rami - you're incorrigible! That post sounded like you'd signed up to some suicide pact or something.

That's what every one wants man, we just forget it very easily I reckon.

hugs

christian

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Ramification said...

Oh no, how did you get suicide pact from that ? Glad you're still reading my blog jc :)

 
At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"my emotions running the gamut, from disappointment and extreme sadness to pure joy and passion, eventually leading to inspiration. I now know what I want out of life"

As you didn't explain exactly what your revelation was I did rather wonder that you'd been brainwashed by some bizzare belgian satanic cult or equivalent... It really does sound very melodramatic you know...

Oh, yes, I stop by about once a week, there are a few blogs I catch when I have a chance. Saves me spending so much time on other websites whose names shall not be mentioned...

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home