Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Best Songs of 2005 - Part III

6 to 10 , here they come :

10. Girls Aloud - Biology

This song kicks off with a bluesy piano riff and then switches gear twice, and as one critic pointed, it does sound like 3 songs blended into one. A track that I hated at first due to its strange structure but now can't get enough of. Also features the campest line of the year: 'So I got my cappucino to go, and I'm heading for the hills again.' How can you NOT love Cheryl Tweedy.

9. The Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha

You really couldn't ecape this single at all this summer, and it got a tad boring after so many plays. This is how great girl-band R&B should sound like, even if its only one girl in the group that can actually sing.

8. Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl

This Sh** is Bananas - B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Need I say more ?

7. Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes

Ok, so I loved this Kelly Clarkson this year, she could do no wrong, and here she continues her pissed off streak with guys who have hurt her, but don't worry because she doesn't cry on the outside anymore! Maybe she needs to lighten up a bit on her next album, but I am not complaining.

6. James Blunt - You're Beautiful

Another song that suffered from over-play this summer, but I can't help but still loving this song about falling in love with a stranger on a train. I think the beauty of this song is that its really personal but everyone can relate to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home