Thursday, December 22, 2005

XMAS CHEER

Man, I am not enjoying this Xmas season at all so far. Work is very busy, too busy, and well, I don't know its really getting to me. Sometimes I like my job, and others I just want to up and leave, disappear for a week and switch my mobile phone off and not tell anyone where I am. Go on a drinking bender, take the train to Paris or somewhere and just be by myself without any distraction. Then I remember I have 'responsibilities'. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I feel like I should say something about gay civil unions coming into effect here in the UK yesterday. Its a great thing, and I am happy for all those couples who can now enjoy the same rights as straight couples do. It is significant and historic. Look at all those cute couples in the paper with matching tuxedos looking ever so dapper. Why is it that with all these couples, one of them has a shaved head and really cool looking designer glasses (maybe a trimmed beard), and the other one is blonde, hair a bit longer, maybe spiked a bit. They all look the same. The bitter / cynical part of me wants to take these couples, corner them somewhere and shout at them: I DONT HAVE YOUR LEGITIMACY BECAUSE I DONT HAVE THE LIBERAL WHITE MIDDLE CLASS UPBRINGING THAT YOU DID AND MY PARENTS WILL NEVER LOOK AT ELTON JOHN AND THINK 'OH WELL, IF ITS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ELTON JOHN, THEN OUR LITTLE BOY BEING QUEER IS FINE BY US.' I am just jealous I know because I don't think I will ever get to have my civil ceremony and have it accepted by any of my family. Ok, I will stop moaning now, life is good. All is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home