Sunday, May 14, 2006

Random Morning Thoughts

I woke up at 4:30 this morning, my brain is on overload .... i decided to watch Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind , is there anyone I want to erase my memory of ? I am 30 years old and don't think I've experienced so much passion and yet so much pain to want that, am I missing out on something ? Are we bound to people that we will always end up having them in our lives because we are supposed to ? Its a good film but what a mind-bender it is, all these questions whirling in my head and all before my morning coffee. I was gonna pop in Donnie Darko but one mind-fuck film is enough for the day I think.

Now I am watching the music channels and there is some strange new Nelly Furtado video and I think she's sampling Maneater by Hall and Oates , what the fuck ? She's in some underground garage dancing around like she's Pat Benatar ... why is Nelly Furtado so very 80s all of a sudden. Nelly, remember 'I'm Like A Bird', remember how f'ing good that song was, that album was ? Missy Elliott was collabarting with you ... you were that good ... what happened, this song is the pits!

Speaking of great Candian singer songwriters that I used to LOVE but who have not produced anything great recently, I am going to see Alanis Morrissette in a play, The Exonerated at Riverside Studios on the 23rd. Free tickets thanks to David.

Time for my morning coffee ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home