Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Pop The Q!


Pop The Q! is a show on music channel TMF that has become my latest tv fascination. Its basically a call-in show where the callers are given a hidden list of 10 answers with each answer worth a sum of money, if they guess correctly they win the cash. There really is no rhyme or reason as to why the 10 answers on the list are placed in that order, its totally random with a fairly vague topic like 'Female Pop Stars' or 'Classic American TV Shows.' The show is on late at night and I have found myself on more than one occasion just laying there watching, trying to see if my guess lands on the list, I have been tempted to call in on more than one occasion but I am sure the 'extra charges from your phone operator' tacked on to the '60p per call' on the 0900 number are way too high. I think what fascinates me the most is the hostess, who looks slightly bored by it all and is dressed for a night of clubbing just after the whole thing is over. Her attempts to maintain her enthusiasm while waiting for the callers to come in are admirable to say the least. I was very tired last night but managed to stay up just to see if anyone would guess Falcon Crest as an answer to Classic American Shows as I was convinced it was there for some reason (someone did guess it and it wasn't!). You may think I'm crazy but at least this is slightly less embarassing than admitting liking Deal or No Deal, which I don't, no honestly you guys..... GUYS???????!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO

NICE BLOG

KISSES FROM BRAZIL

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fascinates me other than the glamorous female presenters is the rip off you allude to.

The phone charges are at least 60p plus whether you get through to the studio or not. On most occasions you just get any automated answer saying try again. The actual chances of getting through are 400 to 1.

While most quiz call channels actually allow free web entry - and do include such entrants in those getting through. Pop the Q free web entry is advertised on screen but doesn't exist on the site.

Anyone wanting to complain about this should write to John Whittingdale MP at the House Of Commons as he is investigating call TV.

 
At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I've found the free web entry - it's http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/tmf/shows/pop_the_q_and_win_1

Sorry about that - but recommend trying that over the phone entry as even if it's 60p that would be over 100 quid by the time you had a real chance of getting through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home