Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bits and Bytes

Things have been very hectic in ramification land so blogging duties have been severly lacking. A few bits and peices from around :

- To conclude my Oscar-related posts, I would like to point out that on Monday morning I woke up to the shocking news that Crash beat Brokeback Mountain for Best Picture. Nathaniel from the Film Experience wrote a fantastic article about how this unprecedented upset reeks of homophobia (before it even happened). I am not one to look for conspiracy theories, and as much as I enjoyed Crash, it was a good yet flawed film, on the other hand Brokeback Mountain fired on all cylinders from beginning to end without a single false note, a classic film that deserved much better than 3 awards on Sunday night.

- Reality TV: I have been a bit of a home body lately, and two shows that have clutched me with their claws are The Apprentice (UK edition) and Project Catwalk (UK version of Project Runway). Last night I was so irritated about crazy Jo not getting fired I was screaming at my TV; clearly she is being kept on because she makes a good tv personality and not because there is a chance in hell that she will win the contest. The same goes for Matthew on Project Catwalk. As much as I like him, I would guess he would have been kicked off long ago had he not been so cute and so inexperienced that you are compelled to see if he can pull through, although if I were to pick a winner it would be Kirsty or Chris.

- Work - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... thats all I can say about it.

- Love life: ...................................thats all I can say about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home