Thursday, March 02, 2006

Odds and Ends , and Yes More Oscar Talk

How dull is it to type in that life is going ok and nothing seems to be bothering me much these days. Ok, work is a bit stressful and my monetary situation can be a bit better, but all in all, life is cool so no need to complain. Actually if I have one gripe its that the Oscars are being telecast on Sky Movies this year and I don't have Sky and its too late to subscribe. My efforts to find a bar somewhere in town that is doing an Oscar party have so far been futile. They used to show it on BBC1 and last year they switched over to Sky (I did see them because I was at a friends house, but I dont really go over to his place anymore). If I do manage to miss it, it will be the first ceremony that I haven't seen from beginning to end since 1988 (The year The Last Emperor won big).

Anyway, here are my predictions:

Best Picture : Brokeback Mountain
Best Director: Ang Lee
Best Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman
Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon
Best Supp Actor: George Clooney
Best Supp Actress: Michelle Williams
Best Original Screenplay: Crash
Best Adapted Screenplay: Brokeback Mountain

There is a lot of talk about a Brokeback backlash, but I personally can't see it. If any big upsets will come they will be in the acting categories. Something tells me that Keira Knightley might surprise us all or maybe Catherine Keener will pull a shocker, but I am going to be safe with my predictions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home