Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Truly Excited ?!?!?

Well, its my 30th birthday coming up and to be honest the lead up to it has been fairly uneventful, I am not sure what I expected, but I was hurdling towards 30 with a very 'whatever' attitude. This time last year I was really looking forward to this milestone, and that is why I am throwing the big party on Friday night, because how often do I get to have a night that is ALL ABOUT ME. I think thats what happens in gay world, the big birthday milestones (30th, 40th, etc) are as significant to us as marriages and baby showers are to our straight counter-parts. There is a general feel of 'wow you made it this far' type of attitude to these occasions, as if just surviving is a cause for celebration (which come to think of it, it is).

As the day draws nearer I am getting more and more excited. My main worry is that the party won't be a success, or that not enough people will care enough to show up, but I guess thats normal (I guess thats the shy kid in me worrying!) Tommorow night should be good, just me and my best friend having a nice dinner out, I can't think of a better way to celebrate on the day. Last year I wrote about the friends I have made and the year I have had. This year, I don't want to get so nostalgic, because I am learning to look forwards and not backwards. And I am looking forward to my 30s, some have told me they are going to be the best time of my life, I am sure I will be told the same about my 40s if and when I reach them. So I will take it one day at a time, no other way to do it really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home