Friday, July 22, 2005

More of the Same ....

Its been two weeks since 7/7 and things have gotten back to somewhat normal in London, everyone back to their usual routine. I know I got back to mine fairly quickly. And now it seems to be happening all over again, the attempted attacks yesterday and the shooting in Stockwell station today have left me and I am sure many other Londoner's a bit edgy. I work and live near Shepherd's Bush station and there were a lot of sirens going off in the distance, I even heard a helicopter overhead. Even today, there's been a lot more police sirens than there usually is on a Friday afternoon. I think like many, I thought what happened in London two weeks ago was a 'one-off', much like NYC or Madrid, a point would be made and the attackers will move on. The fact that there was a repeat attack so shortly after the first, the fact that these are suicide bombers, the fact that they are British citizens is very worrying indeed. But just like my last post, we can't not live our lives. I don't have to take the tube on a daily basis so perhaps I havent' felt the full impact of yesterdays events like others would. Will have to wait and see what happens, but I'm thinking my Oyster card won't be getting as much use as it usually does over the upcoming weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home