Thursday, January 05, 2006

Dry

I have been reading Dry by Augusten Burroughs, this is one of my favorite paragraphs:

'I stand by the door looking at the other guys who are themselves looking for other guys. The whole thing suddenly strikes me as beyond sad. All of this exposed loneliness. These raw nerves firing into the dark. I imagine the guy leaning against the pool table hooking up with the guy poking at the jukebox. They're both good-looking and aloof. Maybe later they'll speak to each other. Then fuck. Then- and this is the part that interests me- fall asleep together. Naked, snoring men. Strangers with their arms around each other or their backs pressed together. The thought revolts and fascinates me. It reminds me of two puppies that just met, curling up together and sleeping, then drinking out of the same water bowl.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home